Who are we?
Build It Green is a professional non-profit membership organization whose mission is to promote healthy, energy- and resource-efficient buildings in California. Supported by a solid foundation of outreach and education, Build It Green connects consumers and building professionals with tools and technical expertise to build quality green buildings. Build It Green fosters collaboration with key stakeholder groups to accelerate the adoption of green building practices, policies and programs. For more information, visit www.builditgreen.org.
Why Join Our Team?
Build It Green is a rapidly growing, multifaceted organization that provides an industrious and exciting work culture comprised of experts in the field of green energy and green building practices. This position is located at Build It Green’s offices located in Los Angeles, CA. Build It Green offers competitive salaries and a benefits package that includes medical, dental and vision insurance; 403(b) retirement plan with employer matching; paid holidays and paid time off.
What is the Opportunity?
Build It Green is seeking a Project Manager to join our team!
The Project Manager is a key member of the Energy Upgrade California (“EUC”) Multifamily Program team in Southern California and is responsible for contributing to the success of the program. The Project Manager is under the supervision of Build It Green’s Southern California Senior Project Manager. The Project Manager is responsible for managing the EUC Multifamily Program that provides property owners with technical and financial resources to support energy efficiency upgrades to multifamily properties. The Project Manager may manage staff and work to implement the vision of Build It Green and its clients.
The Project Manager’s key duties and responsibilities are to:
- Actively participate with the program team in the implementation of program delivery. Follow through to complete assignments related to program review as directed.
- Serve as the single point of contact for participating property owners and raters; track and follow-up on projects to ensure completion by program deadlines.
- Develop and maintain an accurate and complete on-line directory of participating raters, including research and qualification of applicants.
- Effectively coordinate the program application process to ensure a high level of customer service.
- Effectively coordinate to maximize program participation and ensure completion of tasks according to contract provisions.
- Coordinate and provide strategic input into the development and implementation of an effective customer relationship management and incentive processing information management system for tracking projects. Coordination may be needed with IT staff, external project partners and programming contractors.
- Contribute to program and other communications including web page design, collateral materials, and e-newsletters.
- Participant Recruitment
- Reach out to industry associations and related venues to raise awareness within the multifamily property owner community of the benefits of participating in Energy Upgrade California
- Engage with multifamily property owners to make the business case for their participation in Energy Upgrade California.
- Provide technical advice and financial analysis as needed to establish the business case.
- Technical Responsibilities
- Ensure delivery and adherence to an effective Quality Assurance/Quality Control program.
- Coordinate review with technical staff of energy audit results, proposed work scopes, and related documents as part of processing program incentives.
- Manage updates to project documentation, including but not limited to technical manuals, checklists, supporting documents, and policy handbooks.
- Other duties as assigned.
The ideal candidate will possess the following qualifications:
- Bachelor's degree (B.A. or B.S.) from four-year college or university in a related field or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Minimum of 4 years of experience and a thorough knowledge of existing multifamily building retrofits, including retrofits of central hot water systems.
- Minimum of 2 years of supervisor experience with a strong working knowledge of management practices including relevant employment laws, regulations and best practices.
- Manage multiple tasks and priorities with minimal supervision.
- Read, analyze, and interpret complex documents.
- Respond effectively to changing situations and sensitive inquiries or complaints.
- Maintain a high degree of professionalism and view every action and decision in terms of organization and customer impact.
- Valid California Driver’s License.
- Building Performance Institute Certification: BPI-Multifamily Existing Building.
- HERS II or RESNET Rater.
- GreenPoint Rated Existing Home Multifamily Rater (not required, but preferred).
- Other duties as assigned.
How Can You Be Considered to Join Our Team?
E-mail your cover letter, resume and references to Jobs@BuildItGreen.org for consideration. Please type “Job Code – Project Manager – SoCal EUC Multifamily ” in the subject line of your email. Applications will be screened for qualifications and experience, and all required application elements. Not all applicants who meet the minimum qualifications will be offered an interview.
When is the Deadline to Apply?
Please submit all required application materials by September 6, 2013.
Build It Green is an Equal Opportunity Employer and strives to reflect the diverse community it serves. All applicants who contribute to this diversity are strongly encouraged to apply. All candidates will be subject to a background check as a condition of employment with Build It Green.
No phone calls please.