|May 9, 2014 3:00 PM PDT|
Technical Services Project Manager
Who are we?
Build It Green is a professional non-profit membership organization whose mission is to promote healthy, energy- and resource-efficient buildings in California. Supported by a solid foundation of outreach and education, Build It Green connects consumers and building professionals with tools and technical expertise to build quality green buildings. Build It Green fosters collaboration with key stakeholder groups to accelerate the adoption of green building practices, policies and programs. For more information, visit www.builditgreen.org.
Why Join Our Team?
Build It Green is a rapidly growing, multifaceted organization that provides an industrious and exciting work culture comprised of experts in the field of green energy and green building practices. Build It Green’s offices offer sweeping skyline views with loads of natural light and are conveniently located in downtown Oakland near the City Center with easy access to great eateries, BART, major AC Transit bus lines and other great amenities. Build It Green offers competitive salaries and a benefits package that includes medical, dental and vision insurance; 403(b) retirement plan with employer matching; paid holidays and paid time off.
What is the Opportunity?
Build It Green is seeking a Project Manager to join our team!
The Project Manager is a key team member, responsible for the success of the project, under the supervision of the division director. The Project Manager is responsible for managing Build It Green’s Technical Services projects in California that provides building professionals with the technical expertise they need to build and certify quality green buildings. The Project Manager manages staff and work to implement the vision of Build It Green and the Technical Services department.
The Project Manager may supervise Associate-level and Assistant-level staff. The nature of the work of the department requires exceptional leadership qualities including strategic thinking, well-rounded communication skills, flexibility and adaptability, initiative, enthusiasm, commitment to a team, positive contribution, and project management to lead projects.
Key Duties and Responsibilities required of the Technical Services Project Manager are:
• Provide project-specific green building advice and assistance to GreenPoint Raters, developers, architects and contractors.
• Develop and maintain an accurate and complete on-line green building products directory, including research and identification of products and building suppliers.
• Conduct application and certification reviews for projects. Provide routine technical support to GreenPoint Raters and others responsible for the projects.
• Promptly respond to telephone and email inquiries from external audiences regarding the program including information on policies, procedures and interpretation of GreenPoint Rated measures and practices, referring questions to others in the organization as needed.
• Deliver and/or manage effective Quality Assurance program meeting high QA standards. May manage work load of others delivering QA desktop review.
• Provide project-specific, general best practice support, green building advice, and reporting to builders, developers, architects, public agencies, utilities staff, homeowners and contractors using a variety of communication channels including phone calls, emails, blogs, forums and written documents
• Manage and/or support Quality Control and mentoring for GPR Program.
• Manage and/or support projects for consulting contracts requiring technical services ensuring timely and high quality completion of tasks according to contract provisions.
• Manage and/or support projects for consulting contracts for marketing of the GPR program.
• Manage and/or support updates to project documentation including but not limited to technical manuals, GPR checklist, supporting documents, and GPR Policy Handbook. Research and provide input to ongoing updates and refinement of technical manuals and other documentation and tools key to the operation of the GPR program.
• Manage and provide strategic input to the development and implementation of an effective web-based information management system for tracking GPR projects and environmental impact data in coordination with IT staff and external project partners and programming contractors.
• Manage and/or support GPR program and other technical services communications including web page design, collateral materials, Rater Councils and eNews.
• Actively participate in providing input to the ongoing development and review of program strategies, priorities, planning and development. Follow through to complete assignments related to program review as directed.
• Proactively communicate and coordinate with colleagues regarding organizational, program, and project issues and tasks to ensure activities are synchronized and to minimize conflicts.
• Provide oversight to Associates including quality assurance, compliance with program objectives and managing workload. Develop goals with achievable targets and monitor to ensure results.
• Ensure project, program or service documentation including but not limited to manuals, policies, and procedures, is accurate, complete and current.
• May act on behalf of Senior Project Manager in his or her absence.
• Other duties as assigned.
The ideal candidate will possess the following qualifications:
- Bachelor's degree (B.A. or B.S.) from four-year college or university in a related field or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Minimum of 4 years of experience and of project management.
- Minimum of 2 years of experience and general knowledge of green building practices, energy analysis residential sector and/or construction practices and other job related duties.
- Minimum of 2 years of supervisory experience should employee have supervisory responsibilities.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills including the ability to listen effectively, to select and use appropriate communication methods, and to present ideas and information effectively, both orally and in writing.
- Demonstrated ability to make effective and persuasive speeches and presentations on complex topics to top management and/or board of directors.
- Ability to work effectively as a part of a team.
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple tasks and priorities with minimal supervision; read, analyze, and interpret complex documents; respond effectively to changing situations and sensitive inquiries or complaints; and maintain a high degree of professionalism and view every action and decision in terms of organization and customer impact.
- Possess intermediate proficiency with MS Office Suite and Windows operating system; and basic proficiency with HTML, Salesforce, and webinar communication programs.
- Must have a valid California Driver’s License
How Can You Be Considered to Join Our Team?
E-mail your cover letter, resume and references to Jobs@BuildItGreen.org for consideration. Please type “Job Code – Project Manager – Technical Services” in the subject line of your email. Applications will be screened for qualifications and experience, and all required application elements. Not all applicants who meet the minimum qualifications will be offered an interview.
When is the Deadline to Apply?
Please submit all required application materials by May 31, 2014.
Build It Green is an Equal Opportunity Employer and strives to reflect the diverse community it serves. All applicants who contribute to this diversity are strongly encouraged to apply. All candidates will be subject to a background check as a condition of employment with Build It Green.
No phone calls please.
|For additional information on this release, please contact:|
|Tracie Delos Santos|
|Source: Human Resources||Website:|
|Other Recent Releases:|