Renewal Process and Continuing Education (CEUs)
Learn the steps for how to earn CEUs to maintain your GreenPoint Rated or CGBP certifications.
- Unless stated otherwise by the provider, CEUs are typically granted as 1 unit for every 1 hour of instruction.
- CEUs must be completed within 12 months of the certification expiration date or the date of renewal, if certifications have already expired.
- CEUs are only awarded for advanced building trainings that are related to one or more aspects of high performance buildings or green building. Topics can include energy, water, or resource efficiency, indoor air quality, community design, etc.
- CEUs can only be applied for one renewal period.
- Applicants are responsible for tracking all of their CEUs and should have proof of attendance for all coursework not taken through Build It Green on file. Build It Green will only store courses taken through Build It Green.
- To document CEUs from an external provider, you should have in your files proof of attendance in the form of a certificate, an email from the training provider confirming your attendance, or any similar document.
- Applicants must submit their CEUs using the CEU Form. The form provides a space to list the courses being submitted and must include those courses taken through Build It Green, if applicable.
- For Build It Green-sponsored events, applicants will not be required to submit proof of attendance (unless requested by Build It Green).
Earning CEUs through Build It Green
We offer in-person and on-line workshops on various green building topics. Workshops offer differing amounts of CEUs. Visit the Event Calendar to sign up for upcoming events.
- Build It Green Trainings
Depending on the type of certifications you hold and your background, you may receive CEUs by signing up for Build It Green trainings. Create a Talent LMS account to access "Advancing Framing" ($50, 2 CEUs) or "HVAC Fundamentals" ($50, 2 CEUs). Visit the Event Calendar to sign up for upcoming events.
Earning CEUs from Other Providers
There are other on-line and in-person trainings that can count towards your CEU requirements, including expos and conference sessions. Please contact Build It Green to see if specific trainings qualify.